‘Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, why can’t I be the most beautiful of them all,’ we all exclaim at some point whilst putting our make up on. Whether you’ve done the practice run a few days earlier but now can’t seem to get it spot on for the real event, or a look you had in mind just doesn’t materialise as you thought, you should remember that you should be taking care of your skin on a daily bases. A lot of us are in the habit of removing our make-up before bed time, but that’s as good as it goes.
Our face is like a canvas, which we then paint on our own we make up. So, we need to make sure that our canvas is at it’s best when we need to look our best. I have devised a list of five simples yet effective ways to improve your look.
1) Bio Oil – Instead of using moisturisers on my face, I use Bio Oil. Not only does it substitute as a moisturisesr, but also helps with uneven skin tone, dehydrated skin, scars, sketch marks as well as ageing skin. I apply it in the morning and in the evening before I go to bed.
Another benefit of Bio Oil it’s affordable.
I recommend checking out there website to try as it’s definitely worthwhile – http://www.bio-oil.com/en-us/
2) Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleansing Oil – My key word here is ‘cleansing.’ I recommend this particular one is because it is a gentle cleanser so you can use it every day on your skin and when activated with water it effectively removes any grimes as well as make-up.
Having a both a cleanser and make-up remover in one, whether it’s Aesop or another brand, will benefit your skin as you’re using less chemicals on your face, especially cleaners and removers as they tend to dry out your skin and eliminate your natural oils.
3) MAC Studio moisturisers tint with SPF 15 – Once again, this product is something that you can use any brand in but the idea is to use a tinted moisturiser, rather than foundation as it provides enough coverage to even out your skin tone, but doesn’t dry out your skin.
Furthermore, applying SPF every day on your skin now will not only make sure you’re not looking red like a tomato for your big event next week, but keep your skin looking younger for longer.
Check on my favourite tinted moisturiser with SPF 15 – http://www.maccosmetics.com.au/product/shaded/178/1695/index.tmpl
4) Lucas’s Papaw Ointment – This little product has been everyone’s friend for years. With so many uses and applications, such as moisturises your lips, applying to your sunburn or to your wounds, it is always handy to have a Lucas’s Papaw Ointment handy.
If you want to know more, this is their website – http://www.lucaspapaw.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1
5) Water! Water! Water! I know everyone says this and you’re probably all sick of hearing of it. However, if you drink water not only does it hydrate your skin, it’s also makes you feel better. I find that if i drink water on a regular bases I am not as tired, I am not as hungry and furthermore I’m usually more activate.
However, if you’re someone like me and loves to drink something sweet and often find water boring I find drinking tea is a great way of making sure I drink enough water through out the day whilst also having a bit of flavour to my drink.
Here is the website of my favourite place to order tea – http://www.orientalteahouse.com.au/tea